Covid-19 Patient Visit Guide
Our office is taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team members.
We are now scheduling dental appointments, and taking extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by the BC Dental Association, as well as health regulations set by BC’s public health authority.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other safety measures to provide a safe and comfortable dental appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Intake screening forms will be provided to review and bring to appointments.
Upon Your Arrival To The Office
- To maintain social distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. The office will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready and a staff member will then greet you at the entrance.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entering the practice.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Disposable face masks and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that patients will be asked to use.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
- We will suspend providing coffee and refreshments.
- Common areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff including, N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All operatories have (description of equipment or other measures taken by your office to protect patients from the risk of infection – i.e., air filtration / negative pressure rooms / etc.).
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by (CDC, public health, and dental governing bodies).
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff.
- Disposable pens will be provided for completing required forms.
- Credit card / payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.